Job Title: System Administrator (St. Louis, MO)
· Experienced Windows System Administrator will be providing support within Closed/Vaulted, open areas, and assist with support on the company Intranet mainly at St. Louis. The duties of this position will include, but are not limited to:
· Providing Windows systems administration support for engineering programs; including support for multiple Windows OS variants, security technologies, scripting, troubleshooting, and resolving end-user work orders.
· Develop and maintain expertise on Defense Security Service (DSS) rules and regulations for IT systems.
· Maintain a reliable infrastructure, conduct maintenance on core services and technologies, and perform hardware/software upgrades to servers/clients.
· Networking setup and maintenance in secure environments (SIPRNET, private secure networks). Work with network encryption devices.
· Build, configure, document, troubleshoot, and integrate new and existing servers and technologies to provide service enhancements, applications deployments, and infrastructure upgrades.
· Manage File/Print, ArcSDE, SCCM, Exchange, VMware, SQL, Oracle, MOM, CommVault, SEPM, and AD servers.
· Interface and coordinate with security, program, UNIX, storage, desktop, helpdesk, and network groups.
· Recommends architecture, process, software and hardware enhancements.
· Provide end user application support.
· Ability to perform on call as needed.
· Contributes towards the Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP) and participates on the EIT-Program DR Team.
· BS degree in IT, MIS, CIS, CS or equivalent, plus:
· 5 years Experience in Windows systems administration managing an enterprise environment.
· 5 years networking experience with TCP/IP type networks and devices.
· Already have or obtain (training provided) within 6 months of hire date, one of the following: current Security+ certification, SCNP, SSCP, GSEC, or CISSP certification.
· Already have (preferred) or obtain within 6 months of hire date, one or more of the following: current Microsoft certifications associated with MS Windows Server 2008-R2, MS Windows Server technologies and Windows 7.
· Active Directory experience and GPO knowledge.
· Experience loading operating systems, hardware components, network setup and scripting ability.
· Demonstrate the ability to learn and apply new technologies, adapt to changing environments, and show attention to detail.
· Good organizational skills, good problem solving skills, and a willingness to work with teams, individuals, and suppliers to troubleshoot hardware/application problems are essential.
· Must be a team player with strong customer focus.
· Must be a self-starter and have the ability to work with minimal supervision.
Preferred Additional Skills:
· LAN/WAN configuration/support to include firewalls and encryption device configuration experience, is a plus.
· WSUS, SMS/SCCM, VMware, SQL, Oracle, or MOM experience, is a plus.
· CommVault backup software experience, is a plus.
· Log management software-hardware experience, is a plus.
· Familiar with ArcSDE environments, is a plus.
· Able to develop and implement procedures for database backups, transaction log backups, database consistency checks, database maintenance and recovery procedures, and the monitoring of database, operating systems, hardware and error logs for all GIS databases and related systems, is a plus.
This position requires the candidate to be able to obtain a DOD TS and COMSEC security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Education Bachelors (or equivalent work experience)
JobType Full Time
Locale USA - MO - St. Louis
Preferred Language English
Micro Code: GCS