Harris Corporation Geospatial Quality Analyst in St. Louis Missouri United States
Description: Geospatial Quality Analyst - St. Louis, MO Job Code: GCSD20143006-1592
Harris Corporation currently has openings for Quality Analysts in our St. Louis, MO office. We are seeking qualified individuals that possess direct experience with large Government Agency Geospatial and Cartographic data/ products. Successful candidates should have prior experience in the Quality Assurance discipline, working in support of advanced Mapping and Geospatial projects. Direct experience working with raster and/or vector geospatial data in a quality capacity is imperative.
- The Quality Analyst will conduct data and product inspections utilizing various COTS geospatial software tools described below, to ensure defined acceptable levels of quality.
- The Quality Analyst will identify program improvement opportunities and recommend process and procedure adjustments to realize operational efficiencies, performance enhancements, and quality gains.
- The Quality Analyst will interface with technical representatives and subcontractor personnel to review imagery and mapping data, resolve technical issues, and track and report on quality metrics.
- Identifies and reports on recurring problems and discrepancies for disposition and corrective actions as needed.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Job Qualifications:
Bachelors degree in cartography, geography, earth science, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or a related technical discipline, or a minimum of four years of direct geospatial data/product experience.
- 1-3 years knowledge of the principles, practices, terminology, and trends in terrain and image processing, cartography, and/or GIS. Product or discipline-specific experience with DTED2, HRTe3, HRTe4, TLM, ICM, MDG, Stereo Airfield Collection, Human Geography, and/or Vector Feature Data is a discriminating factor.
- 1-3 years functional understanding of ISO 9001/2008 best practices; a track record with implementation of continuous geospatial process improvement initiatives is a plus.
- 1-3 years experience with various COTS geospatial software applications (ESRI ArcGIS, ArcSDE, FME, Intergraph GeoMedia, ERDAS Imagine, Stereo Analyst, BAE Socet GXP, QT Modeler, etc).
Competency in a Windows environment including standard Microsoft Office tools is required. Preferred Additional Skills:
Competency with a Linux or Unix operating system is a plus.
- Secret clearance, or the ability to obtain, is desired, but not required. Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Location: USA - MO - St. Louis Activation Date: Monday, June 30, 2014 Expiration Date: Thursday, October 2, 2014 Apply Here